Whether you’re a business or a blogger, establishing a quality website that effectively represents you or your organization online is more important than ever. And now with PennyWebs, it’s also more affordable! We’ve worked with dozens of individuals and business-owners to outline their unique needs and provide custom solutions to engage their target audiences and bring in results.
New Sites & Redesigns
If you don’t currently have a website then we’ll guide you through the process from start to finish — this includes designing & building the site itself, and also assisting you as needed with associated tasks like registering your domain name (e.g. YourSite.com) and setting up a web hosting plan.
If you do have a website already—great! We’ll brainstorm with you to identity what is and isn’t working on your current site and use that to guide us as we design the new, modernized version.
- Complete website, design & development
- Minor revisions as needed to design & layout
- Migration of finished site to your hosting platform
- Domain name registration (e.g. YouSite.com)
- Web hosting (available separately)
- Logo / branding
Ecommerce is available as an upgrade to every site we build, regardless of which package you select. Our WordPress-powered websites make running a self-managed ecommerce shop a snap and can save you hundreds on monthly fees for a third party shop provider. The cost of an ecommerce upgrade depends a lot on what you need your shop to do & how many products you intend to sell — when you contact us please describe what you have in mind and so we can figure out a custom quote.
What Your Website Should Do For You
Every web project we take on, big or small, is structured around fulfilling the following four goals, which we believe are the requisite components of every successful website. At its core, every site should:
- Represent. Many times when people consider redesigning their website its appearance is their main consideration — and understandably so. Does it look professional? Is it easy to use? Does it display correctly on smartphones & tablets? Oftentimes your website will be your first point of contact with potential customers, so it’s essential that it looks professional and puts your best foot forward. Your website should represent your organization to visitors, introduce them to your philosophy, and take the first step towards establishing a positive brand image
- Inform. Looking pretty on its own won’t get you the results you want though! The #1 function of a website is to provide useful information in an easy-to-understand format — typically things like lists of products & services, pricing, store hours, location, etc. If your site doesn’t provide the information that’s most relevant to visitors, or if it’s too confusing to easily find, then it could actually be doing more harm than good by frustrating and driving away potential clients.
- Connect. Ideally, the information on your site will field the most common questions your organization gets, freeing you up to focus on other things. In the event that a question isn’t answered, the site should provide a means for visitors to quickly reach out and request additional information — this could be via live chat, a contact form, or simply listing a phone number prominently throughout the site.
- Engage. Once your website has introduced who you are and what you do its visitors, it should then empower them to take action. The look, feel & content of the site should all be aligned towards encouraging visitors to ultimately complete a desired action, such as setting an appointment, requesting a quote, subscribing to a mailing list, or purchasing a product.
Is your site accomplishing these four goals?